Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Egg Salad Sandwich

(from sisterscafe.blogspot.com)
We have this frequently for dinner. I make my own wheat bread (recipe to be posted later) and usually have sliced red bell pepper with it as a side.

6 large eggs (for hard boiling)
1/4 c. mayo (I use closer to 2 tablespoon IF that)
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
3/4 t. lemon juice
3/4 c. celery chopped
1/2 bunch chives (I've used the dried as well as substituted green onions)

Hard Boiling Eggs: Place eggs in a pot and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Cover and heat to boiling. Remove from heat and let stand covered for twelve minutes. Drain hot water and immediately place eggs in cold water with ice cubes (i just put the eggs in a bowl and keep cold water running over them on low). Crack and peel eggs.

Place eggs in a mixing bowl (I usually take out half the yoke b/c they're aren't so good for you and I don't really care for them). Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and mayo. Smash with a pastry blender or fork (i prefer the pastry blender). Stir in celery and chives.

Spoon onto bread. Toasted bread is great...they recommended adding lettuce, but I have yet to try that). I LOVE the crunchiness of the celery. I've also substituted chopped cucumber because I have it on hand more often. It worked, but celery tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment