Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Caramelitos

(from sisterscafe.blogspot.com)

These are delicious and quick plus it is easy to keep the ingredients on had. I don't know about you but I love caramel so if I see Kraft caramels on sale and buy them I end up snacking on them instead of using them for yummy recipes. On top of that, I haven't found wrapped caramels in Belgium, so they're are of the picture anyways. This recipe uses caramel sauce, which I can find, and just thickens it using flour.

1 c. flour
1 c. quick oats (if you only have regular on hand, use those)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. caramel topping
1/2 t. soda
1/4 t. salt
3/4 c. butter, melted
3 T. flour

Mix flour, oats, sugar, soda, salt and butter. Press half of the mixture into a 11x7 pan. Bake at 350 (170 C) for 10 -12 minutes (I did 10 last time and it was a little too gooey on bottom). Remove from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (can add in chopped nuts if desired). Blend caramel with 3 T. flour. Drizzle over chocolate chips. Sprinkle the balance of the flour oat mixture over the caramel. Bake at 350 (170 C) for 15-20 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment