Thursday, June 10, 2010

Clone of a Cinnabon

(from allrecipes.com)

I LOVE this recipe that I got from allrecipes.com a years ago and it's the only one I've used since trying it. I must admit, recently I've been changing up the frosting trying out a glaze instead of the cream cheese frosting. Both are great.

Dough:
1 c. warm milk (made up powdered milk, soy milk or normal work all work great)
2 eggs (at room temperature)
1/3 c. margarine, melted
4 1/2 c. flour (it calls for bread flour, but I've always used all-purpose flour)
1 t. salt
1/2 c. white sugar
2 1/2 t. yeast

Filling:
2 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. butter, softened

Frosting (original):
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

Frosting (quick):
powdered sugar
milk
vanilla extract
...just mix to desired consistency

Mix together dough, cover and let rise until doubled. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle (when i want to make smaller cinnamon rolls, I roll the dough shorter and wider). Spread dough with butter then cinnamon/sugar mixture. Roll up dough and cut it into desired number of cinnamon rolls (says 12, but i often do 16). They are most easily cut using dental floss. Place into a greased pan. Cover and let rise until double. Bake at 400 degrees (200 C) for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment